The Tower in 2012
The major events at TarValon.Net in 2012.
- Main article: 2012 Annual Report
The Servant of All program was launched and the forums moved to a new system.
- Main article: Spring 2012 Admin Meeting
For the first time, the Agenda was released ahead of meeting and comments invited. The decision to hold two Admin meetings a year was announced. The PSA project was first implemented in order to provide the community with greater transparency. The Keeper's Awards were announced as a new way to recognize outstanding service at the staff and administration level. The Department of Events and Conferences announced the decision to shelve the official position of Master/Mistress of Revels (Continental Europe). Instead, it was decided that when a bid is chosen, the local liaison would act as temporary Master/Mistress of Revels for their event. The Department of Membership announced that individual Ajahs and Companies could create their own system for choosing official Invited Guests into their private forum. The Department of Moderators announced the decision to split the forum “Creative Endeavors” into two new forums: Fine Arts & Literary Pursuits, and Hand Crafts. The forum “Entertainment” changed names to “Entertainment & Technology” and the position of Master/Mistress of Chat was retired. The Department of Research and Records announced that Citizens could participate in the Classrooms, and that the position of Headmaster/Headmistress would be elevated to Administrator level.
- Main article: Fall 2012 Admin Meeting
The bullying survey was discussed and a new bullying clause was added to the Membership Manual. The Department of Community Outreach discussed the hiring of a Servant of All Coordinator and the beta testing of the program, as well as several new positions in the department. The Outreach Activities Team reported feedback from the community that the site holds too many holidays. As a result, the official holidays were cut back to Bel Tine, Feast of Fools (TV), and Shaoman. The Department of Events and Conferences discussed the dissolution of the Wheel of Time track at DragonCon, and the decision to no longer make it an official event for TarValon.Net. The Department of Marketing discussed the completion and release of the Merit Badge project.
- Main article: 2012 Membership Survey
This year's survey received 218 responses. A new addition was added to the survey, asking if a participant would like to be contacted by a Department Head regarding their responses to the survey.
There were a total of 98 Citizen applications during this year. 32 people applied to join the Tower as a Novice/Recruit, and 32 people applied to move up to Accepted/Soldier. The new Guesting system was fully in place as of 2012.
- Main article: 2012 Raisings
- Main article: 2012 Bondings
Fourteen couples bonded in 2012.
- Main article: 2012 Demotions
Three people demoted this year.
- Main article: 2012 Online Events
- Bel Tine: This event took place between March 14 - 23.
- Free Week: As a result of the Summer fundraiser, a free week took place between February 3 - 12.
- Sunday: This event took place between June 15 - 30
- Shaoman: This event took place between October 26 - November 4.
- Main article: 2012 Official Events
March 30-April 2, held in Estes Park, Colorado. Vivianna L'antreau was formalised as Amyrlin. 101 people attended.
April 20-22, held in Roswell, Georgia. Approximately 25 members attended.
August 17-19, held in Warnsveld, the Netherlands. 14 people attended.
August 31-September 3, held in Atlanta, Georgia. 33 people attended.
November 9-11, held in New York City, New York. 34 people attended.
- Members of the Year: Toral Delvar and Ubahsur Kindellaer
- Philanthropist of the Year: Sean Dragoran
- Unsung Servants: Jeffan Caliarthan and Kelgan al'Moranwin
- Volunteers of the Year: Sonea Ilandred and Sa'areah Britthorn
- Keeper's Awards
- Main article: Keeper's Awards
- Moderators of the Year: Morrighan Daghdera and Kelgan al'Moranwin
- Staff Members of the Year: Miya Kiyoshi, Venric Methalion, Taelinn Dolivras and Loraella Melodie
- Membership Administrator of the Year: Bryce al'Mara
- Administrator of the Year: Azi al'Thone
- Members' Choice Awards
- Main article: Members' Choice Awards 2012
33 awards were given out this year.
- Main article: Administrative and Staff Positions in 2012
The new Amyrlin Seat was sworn in at the Anniversary Party and a new Archivist, Serenla Tamowith was chosen after Dralyn Montsier stepped down. 2012 saw a new Director of the Department of Technology, with Erin al'Denael replacing Zhareen Narelle who stepped down after almost six years. There were also new directors for the Department of Events and Conferences, the Department of Membership and the Department of Community Outreach.