Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Con Aybara is a man from the Two Rivers. He is married to Joslyn Aybara, and their children are Perrin, Adora, Deselle, and Paet. The Aybara family lives on a farm near Emond's Field (TEotW, Ravens Prologue; TSR, Ch. 29).
- Egwene sees Con and Joslyn Aybara speaking to Haral Luhhan, and wonders what they are talking about. They are speaking of Perrin becoming Haral's apprentice. When Haral comments that Perrin is a good lad, Con laughs and ruffles Perrin's hair (TEotW, Ravens Prologue).
- When Padan Fain is at the Aybara farm, Con laughs in his face when he calls Perrin a Darkfriend. Fain kills Perrin's entire family (TSR, Ch. 31).
- Con and the rest of the Aybaras are buried beneath the apple trees on the Aybara farm (TSR, Ch. 29).
- Perrin visits the graves of his family (TSR, Ch. 40).
- As Perrin cries out his grief over the death of his family, many memories play through his mind, including one of his father smiling as he shows Perrin how to use a bow (TSR, Ch. 30).
- Verin tells Perrin that if there was anything she and Alanna could have done to save his family, they would have done it (TSR, Ch. 31).
- Padan Fain thinks to himself that he should have restrained himself at the Aybara farm (TSR, Ch. 31).
He should have restrained himself at the Aybara farm, but Con Aybara had laughed in his face, and Joslyn had called him a filthy-minded little fool for naming her son Darkfriend. Well, they had learned, screaming, burning. (Padan Fain; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 31)