The Tower in 2013
The major events at TarValon.Net in 2013.
- Main article: 2013 Annual Report
The Annual Report of 2013 largely covers the new systems put into place to secure TarValon.Net's finances, and to further develop financial transparency for the community. The Integration Survey was also released at the end of this year. 2013 was the year in which the final Wheel of Time book was released to the public.
- Main article: Spring 2013 Admin Meeting
The idea of integration was first touched upon in the introductory notes for this meeting, in order to get the conversation started with the community as a whole. The Shatayan brought up the review of the Membership Survey, Annual Report, and PSA project.
- Main article: Fall 2013 Admin Meeting
The Department of Moderators announced the decision to change the status of the chatroom #oldewarderandhen to be used primarily for festival and special events. The decision to start rotating the Chat Operator terms like forum mods was also announced. The Master/Mistress of Chat position was reinstated as a staff position. The Department of Marketing discussed the project to create new Ajah and Company logos. The Department of Community Outreach announced the decision to open the Robert Jordan Memorial Scholarship to both undergraduate and graduate students. It was also decided upon to make the Blood Drive an annual event. The Department of Administration announced the restructuring of the Legal Team into the Legal Research Team, and the official Legal Counsel.
- Main article: 2013 Membership Survey
Out of 398 active Senior Members, there was a response rate of 21.6%. Out of 99 active Accepted and Soldiers, there was a response rate of 20%. Out of 96 active Novices and Recruits, there was a response rate of 10.4%. Almost 70% of the survey participants were Senior Members (Aes Sedai or Gaidin). The highest number of participants in a single community group was 16 members in the Green Ajah. Sixteen different countries were represented by the survey participants.
There were 96 applications for Citizen during this year. 43 people applied to get raised to the next level of Junior Membership - 32 for Novice/Recruit level and 11 for Accepted/Soldier level. There were 31 raisings to Senior Membership level during 2013.
- Main article: 2013 Raisings
- Main article: 2013 Bondings
Ten couples were Bonded and nine bonds dissolved.
- Main article: 2013 Demotions
Five people demoted this year.
- Main article: Maintaining the Tower Fundraiser
The theme for this year was "Chocolate vs. Bacon." The goal for this fundraiser was $4,500, and the total raised came in just shy of the goal at $4,238.74.
- Main article: Feast of Lights Charity Drive 2013
This event took place November 15, 2013 - December 8, 2013. The supported charity was Partners In Health, and a total of $870 was raised.
- Main article: 2013 Outreach Activities
- Bel Tine: This event was held between March 29 - April 7.
- Shaoman: This event was held between October 25 - November 1.
- Main article: 2013 Official Events
March 8-11, held in Camp Copneconic, Michigan. 75 people attended.
April 19-21, held in Roswell, Georgia. 62 members attended.
October 11-13, held in Salt Lake City, Utah. 43 people attended.
August 30-October 1, held in Oostduinkerke, Belgium. 24 people attended.
Announced at the Anniversary Party.
- Member of the Year: Leora Oldessroth
- Philanthropist of the Year: Lilli O'Neeus
- Unsung Servant: Xander Silverstar
- Volunteer of the Year: Kytheria al'Shea
- Keeper's Awards
- Main article: Keeper's Awards
Announced in April 2014.
- Moderator of the Year: Halan Leion
- Operator of the Year: Deoan Kakarot
- Staff Member of the Year: Ebona din Casei
- Staff Member of the Year: Amarande al'Kalin
- Membership Admin of the Year: Valadilene Aldieb
- Non-Membership Admin of the Year: Isarma Maracanda
- Members' Choice Awards
- Main article: Members' Choice Awards 2013
26 awards were given out this year.
- Main article: Administrative and Staff Positions in 2013
Lireina Dormerus t'al`Bearach replaced Leora Oldessroth as Keeper, Ubahsur Kindellaer was appointed Shatayan and replaced as Director of Administration by Calypsa al'Nicolai. Karassa Souladrin stepped down as Director of Moderators and was replaced by Kelgan al'Moranwin. Ariadne Davion replaced Kytheria al'Shea as Director of Marketing.