|Location||Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA|
|Join Date||October 28, 2002|
|Bonded to||Melana al'Cairera and Mashiara Al'Kama|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- 1 Tower History
- 2 Tower Involvement
- 3 Tower Relationships
- 4 Official Event Attendance
- 5 Senior Member Interview
- 6 Brief Bio
- Joined TarValon.Net: October 28, 2002
- Joined Tower: October 28, 2002
- Raised Soldier: January 15, 2003
- Raised Gaidin: July 31, 2003
- Archivist: November 11, 2015 - present
- Archivist in Training: September 20, 2015 - November 11, 2015
- Director of the Department of Research and Records: April 8, 2009 - November 8, 2015
- Integration Focus Group member: May 1, 2014 - October 18, 2014
- Company Commander of Dai M'Hael: June 4, 2005 - September 9, 2008
- Researcher and Writer: 2005 - present
- Assistant to the Director of Research: August 2008 - April 2009
- Warder Councillor for Dai M'Hael: Fall 2004
- Moderator of the book forums: December 2005 - August 2007 (estimated)
- Tar Valon Times Articles
- Library Editor
- Merit Badge Focus Group: June 7, 2010 - September 20, 2010
- Tar Valon Times Member Spotlight about Toral Delvar (October 2010)
- Amyrlin's Award: Volunteer of the Year - 2009
- Members' Choice Award: Walking Wheel of Time Encyclopaedia - 2010
- Amyrlin's Award: Member of the Year - 2012
- Members' Choice Award: Walking Wheel of Time Encyclopaedia - 2012
- Members' Choice Award: Most Knowledgeable Member - 2017
- Green Warder Most Likely To Tell His Aes Sedai What He Really Thinks Award - Annual Green Awards - 2010
- Bonded to Melana al'Cairera, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah: June 8, 2009 - present
- Bonded to Mashiara Al'Kama, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah: May 16, 2013 - present
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Summer Euro Party 2006 - Skipton, Yorkshire, England
- Anniversary Party 2010 - Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
- Fall Ball 2017 - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Senior Member Interview
December 18 2008
- Why did you choose Dai M'Hael?
Because the description fit me and the other two absolutely did not
- How was your time as Citizen/Recruit/Soldier?
Brief and pretty boring. Never a citizen
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I have been Company Commander of DM and now I am Director of Research
- How did you get to read the series?
I found the first book in the library and just had to know what happened next
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
I am bonded to the delightful Melana of the Greens
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Min. Though last night I was telling my wife it was Mat.
Favourite nation probably Andor as they seem to have a fair justice system
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
Several, one was official. It was fun
- What kind of music do you like?
Lots. Pop, light rock, blues, jazz, alt/indie guitar rock, classical
- What are your favorite movies?
True Romance, Aliens, Wizard of Oz
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
- What job do you have?
- Do you have a pet?
No, but I'd like two cats, Londo and G'Kar
- What languages do you speak?
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
So long ago I can't remember
- Thom or Juilin?
- Sword or Spear?
- Day or night?
- Candy or cookies?
- A short bio about yourself.
I was born, educated and worked then moved to the USA to get married
The Wheel of Time
I read the first book around 1993, and the others soon after. I have been buying since The Fires of Heaven, which I got as soon as it came out in paperback and Lord of Chaos which I go as soon as it was released. I have been involved with the internet community since 1994, when I read (and very rarely posted in) the newsgroup rec.arts.sf.written.robert-jordan.
I joined around 2003, joined Dai M'Hael when raised and was bonded later that year, until the end of 2008 when my Aes Sedai stepped down. I have since bonded the wonderful Melana Sedai.
I began submitting articles to the library sometime around 2004/2005, primarily ones I had written for my own personal use (such as whole book summaries) and joined the library team a few months later.