Chanelle din Seran White Shark
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Chanelle din Seran White Shark is a Sea Folk Windfinder. She is lean with an angular face. She is a woman of honor, carrying almost as many golden medallions on her chain as Zaida (CoT, Ch. 12). She has big, hard eyes and full lips (KoD, Ch. 14).
- She is one of the twenty Windfinders to accompany Nynaeve and Lan to the Tarasin Palace as agreed to in the Bargain with the Mistress of the Ships (ACoS, Ch. 37). On Renaile's agreement the Windfinders accompany Elayne and Nynaeve wherever they will go to activate the Bowl of the Winds (ACoS, Ch. 39).
- Among the group of Windfinders, Chanelle rides through Aviendha's gateway from the Tarasin Palace to the Kin's farm (TPoD, Ch. 1; Ch. 3), where they arrive already so bruised from riding that Nynaeve Heals them (TPoD, Ch. 4). When the Seanchan attack the farm (TPoD, Ch. 6), Chanelle Travels with the others to Andor, riding toward Caemlyn (TPoD, Ch. 20) and eventually arrives at the Royal Palace (TPoD, Ch. 28).
- After learning of Nesta's death, the Sea Folk in the Royal Palace want to go to Illian immediately to elect a new Mistress of the Ships. Zaida bargains with Elayne and ends up leaving nine Windfinders behind under Chanelle's command (CoT, Ch. 12).
- Chanelle confronts Elayne, who is on her way to her rooms, and inquires again after Talaan and Merilille (KoD, Ch. 14).
- After Elayne is captured, Birgitte demands Chanelle and the Windfinders make a gateway big enough for a thousand soldiers. She grudgingly agrees and although she said the Windfinders would take no part in the battle, she attacks the Black Ajah in the end, seeing how easily they are destroying the army (KoD, Ch. 32).
- When Elayne hears that Arymilla broke through Far Madding gate and Dyelin is holding her off, Elayne decides to strike at the back. Chanelle at first does not want to provide a gateway to the intended site, but after she is assured the Windfinders do not have to take part in this battle, she opens it (KoD, Ch. 33).
With Nesta's death, Renaile din Calon is reduced to being Chanelle's secretary. Chanelle is quite pleased to witness Renaile's fall (KoD, Ch. 14).
Although she is under Elayne's authority, she still lets her temper flare, since she is accustomed to wielding power. Sometimes she and Elayne have shouting matches and more than once feel to desire to strike the other woman.
The lean woman had been the butt of Aviendha's nose-tweaking more than once, including a regrettable episode involving oosquai, a very potent Aiel drink. The glow of saidar actually surrounded her! Zaida could not see that, but she knew about the oosquai and Chanelle being carried to her bed, sicking up the whole way, and she raised a peremptory hand toward the Windfinder. (Elayne on Chanelle; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 12)